What is Gaganyaan mission?
We all want to know about Indian Human Spaceflight Programme “GAGANYAAN”. So the study and researches of Gaganyaan mission was started in 2006, and then it was generic name “Orbital Vehicle”. The project was to build a simple capsule that could carry two astronauts and a splashdown landing after re-entry in earth. End of March 2008, the design was finalized and was submitted to the Government of India for funding. Government approved funding for the Human Spaceflight program “Gaganyaan” in 2013. Government increased the budget for this Gaganyaan in February 2014.
- Also read about What is New Shephard Rocket System?
As of May 2019, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited design of the crew module has been completed. Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will provide support for critical human-centric systems and technologies like space grade food, crew healthcare, radiation measurement and protection, parachutes for the safe recovery of the crew module and fire suppression system.
On 25 October 2019, ISRO’s Human Space Flight Centre and Glavcosmos signed a contract to evaluate the possibility of using Russian life support systems and thermal control for Gaganyaan. ISRO is planning to develop a ground station for Gaganyaan mission at Cocos (Keeling) Islands and is in talks with Australian Space Agency as of 2021.
- Go through the link and read about Can we turn sea water in to drinking water?
Gaganyaan First unmanned mission will be flagged off on December 2021 while Second crewed mission to be launched in 2022-23 when India celebrates 75th years of Independence. ISRO will perform four biological and two physical science experiments related to microgravity during the Gaganyaan mission.
About the budget:
The cost to be spent on the crewed spacecraft over seven years is approximately US$1.77 billion (₹ 124 billion), including the US$0.7 billion( ₹ 50 billion) for the initial work of the crewed spacecraft during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan (2007–2012) out of which the Government released US$7 million(₹ 500 million) in 2007–2008. In December 2018, the government approved further ₹ 100 billion (US$1.5 billion) for a 7-days crewed flight of 3 astronauts to take place by 2021.
- Also read about the How Chinese “Artificial Sun” break the world record?
This mission is very important from the point of view of science and technology and this mission will inspire to the youth.
- ISRO will perform four biological and two physical science experiments related to microgravity during the Gaganyaan mission. Gaganyaan will focus on regional needs: food, water and energy security.
- It will help in development of technology for social benefits.
- It will help in improving international collaboration.
Conclusion: In this article, you read about Indian Human Spaceflight Programme “GAGANYAAN”: Why and How? and its importance. Thank you for reading this article hope it may help you to understand about amazing inventions and visit for more articles related to bio materials, electronic materials, advance materials, magnetic materials, metallurgical based and knowledge base.
- If you are looking for anthropology and its related issues must go through the below related link…..
- An introduction about principle of heat treatment of steel
- What is difference between EN24 and EN8 steel?
- An Introduction about heat treatment process
- Why En-8 steel is suitable for various applications?
- Will flying cars be in reality by 2030?